Whenever we mention web hosting, we often talk about different types of web hosting like shared hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, etc. However, two of the most popular web hosting options are shared hosting and cloud hosting.
Many people are a bit confused about these different types of web hosting, especially new users who are thinking of building their first website. So this post is for those friends to understand how these two hosting services differ from each other and which one is better.
So friends, in today’s post, I will tell you what the difference is between shared hosting and cloud hosting and which hosting we should use. So let’s know the difference between the two without delay.
Shared vs. Dedicated Cloud Hosting: What Are the Types of Hosting
Friends, to know the difference between shared hosting and cloud hosting, first we will know what is shared hosting, and then we will know what is cloud hosting. By knowing about them both, you will understand the difference between them. So read this post till the end.
Friends, as you may know from the name itself, shared hosting is a type of web hosting where multiple users share a physical web server. which means that all those users share the resources of that web server.
In other words, shared hosting is web hosting in which one physical web server hosts many websites.
The concept of shared hosting came into being because the cost of web hosting is very high and not everyone can afford it.
Suppose you have to host a small website and you don’t have the option of shared hosting, then you have to get a full-fledged web server to host your website. which will cost a lot.
This way, you will not be able to use the full resources and power of the web server, and at the same time, you will have to pay more money. To address this issue, the market saw the introduction of shared hosting.
In shared hosting, we give each user a small amount of space on a web server where they all host their websites. In this way, the cost of web hosting is distributed among all these users, and web hosting becomes cheaper for you.
Friends, so far we have learned that in shared hosting, we host our website on a physical web server; in this way, many websites are hosted on a web server, and it is very cheap.
So let’s now know about some of its benefits.
The main advantage of shared hosting is that it is very inexpensive, making it accessible to all budget users.It is so inexpensive that many businesses have begun to offer shared hosting for as little as Rs 40-50 per month.
The second biggest advantage of shared hosting is that it is quite user-friendly. Nowadays, most web hosting companies provide you with an easy-to-use cPanel on which you can easily build your website.
These companies provide you with a One Click Apps Installer in their cPanel, through which you can instal software like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal and create your website in just a few clicks.
Also read: How to Create a WordPress Website?, Recommended,
The third biggest advantage of shared hosting is that you don’t need to do any technical maintenance. Your host just maintains your web server for you and also provides security for your website.
Along with all these advantages, shared hosting also has some disadvantages, such as:
- In a shared hosting environment, your website may be slow or even offline.
- Guys, if some of your server’s users’ websites start getting a lot of traffic, your server might be overloaded and slow down. As a result, your website may load slowly or s st at all.
- Well, web hosting companies provide you with limited bandwidth, and if your website gets too much traffic, these companies will ask you to upgrade your plan or cap your traffic. so that your traffic is limited to them. Stay within the boundaries.
- Friends, the second biggest disadvantage of shared hosting is that you get limited resources, due to which you cannot host high-traffic websites on it.
- The third disadvantage is that you don’t get much customization with shared hosting because it hosts many users’ websites besides your own and your web hosting company maintains your web server.
- Friends, in shared hosting, one web server hosts many websites, so it is possible that some malicious activity may move from one website to another. Although the chances of this happening are very low, it is possible in a shared hosting environment.
Also read: 10 Best Web Hosting Companies for India, Recommended,
So friends, this was the basic information about shared hosting; let’s now know: what is cloud hosting?
Cloud hosting is a new concept in the world of web hosting. Your website is hosted on several cloud servers rather than a single physical web server in this type of web hosting.
- The advantage of this is that your website is always online.
- Instead of space, it gives you a share of a cloud cluster, with all available cloud servers hosting your website.
- Because many cloud servers host your website together, the load is shared among them all, so your website is always running smoothly.
Unlike shared hosting, where your website goes offline when your server goes down, in cloud hosting, even if one server fails, another takes over and keeps your website up all the time. Keeps online.
Advantages of cloud hosting:
The following are some of the benefits of cloud hosting:
- Friends, I’ve already mentioned the two main benefits of cloud hosting: the fact that it keeps your website online at all times and that the load is distributed across servers.
- Apart from this, there are many advantages to cloud hosting, such as:
- In cloud hosting, you get more customization. In this case, you can increase or decrease the resources at any time according to your needs, which is not possible in the case of shared hosting. There, you have to upgrade the entire plan directly.
- The second biggest advantage of cloud hosting is that it is more secure than shared hosting. In this case, your website is hosted on multiple cloud servers, so even if one goes down, you can recover your website files from other servers.
- Friends, the third biggest advantage of cloud hosting is that it is capable of hosting high-traffic websites as well.
Disadvantages of Cloud Hosting:
There are mainly two disadvantages to cloud hosting.
The first disadvantage is that it is expensive compared to shared hosting. Although nowadays many web hosting companies like FastComet, ChemiCloud, etc. provide cloud hosting as well as shared hosting, which is quite affordable,
The second biggest disadvantage of cloud hosting is that it is completely dependent on the Internet. which means we can access our data only when the internet facility is available.
Also see: 10 Recommended Cloud Hosting Provider Companies
What type of hosting is the most powerful hosting?
Friends, cloud hosting is much better than shared hosting because it keeps your website up and running by putting it on multiple servers.It is also more secure and gives you more customization.
Also, you can host high-traffic websites on cloud hosting, which is not possible with shared hosting.
Shared hosting, on the other hand, is less expensive than cloud hosting, which makes it easy for new users to host their website on it.
Is cloud hosting better than shared hosting?
If you are a new user and have a limited budget, just start with shared hosting. It will be very cheap for you. You can always upgrade your plans or even change hosts later.
However, if you can afford to spend a little more money, then I would suggest that you host your website on cloud hosting. Nowadays, companies like FastComet and ChemiCloud are providing you with cloud hosting at shared hosting prices, so if you want, you can buy cloud hosting from them too.
A final word
You guys are completely free to choose the type of web hosting you choose.
You can choose shared hosting if you have modest requirements or are creating your first website. However, cloud hosting is an option if your website receives a lot of traffic.
How did you folks appreciate my post, then? You can subscribe to my website and YouTube channel if you liked this post of mine.
Share this article to support us: